CATBIG (Central Asia and Transcaucasus Business Information Group) is a unique B2B forum for UK companies seeking to do business in the region. CATBIG covers Azerbaijan, Armenia, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Mongolia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan.
Over 20 years ago, following the first UK trade mission to Kazakhstan after the collapse of the Soviet Union, we set up a group for the mission delegates attempting market entry into Kazakhstan to discuss progress and provide mutual assistance. Increasingly, neighbouring countries were included in the discussions, while attendance grew exponentially – and so CATBIG emerged.
Over the years, CATBIG has built up an excellent reputation as a forum for private and public sector organisations to forge personal links, whilst learning about routes to market entry. Our constantly refreshed database now includes over 1000 UK contacts who do business in the region. CATBIG is well-known and respected within HMG, particularly the FCO and DIT, and has been building stronger links with the region’s London Embassies.
CATBIG offers B2B and B2G events, trade missions, market advice and introduction services through membership of British Expertise International. British Expertise International uses networks built over five decades to bring international market access, business opportunities and overseas government connectivity to its members, and is part of Strategy International.
CATBIG’s mission is to facilitate trade and investment links between governments and businesses in the CATBIG region and the British business community:
- To develop relationships between UK businesses working in the region
- To highlight business conditions in the region
- To bring commercial opportunities to companies, supporting trade and investment development between the UK and the region
- To facilitate B2B and B2G cooperation between the UK and CATBIG countries
- To ease market entry in a timely and cost-effective way by identifying decision makers