Join Governor Herbert on this unique trade mission to the United Kingdom. Explore opportunities to expand your company's global trade. You will have the opportunity to experience the dynamic United Kingdom market by receiving advice from local experts and visiting companies on the cusp of cutting-edge technologies. Events will include:
- Utah Reception in central London at an exquisite private residence with views across the river Thames, the Houses of Parliament, the London Eye and towards the City.
- A tour of rapid growth sectors including organizations such as:
Level 39, Tech City and One Nucleus.
- Private tour of Cambridge University with the Vice-Chancellor and Dean of the Judge Business School.
Matching Funds available for this United Kingdom Trade Mission
We are accepting applications from small businesses statewide that are interested in receiving a maximum $2,250 matching grant award through the State Trade and Export Promotion (STEP) program. Each matching grant award requires a 25% cash match by the recipient up to $750. There are 10 matching grants available.
Awards will be given to offset airfare expenses (Fly America provisions apply) to qualifying, Utah based, small businesses on a first come first served basis. Preference will be given to those companies that demonstrate financial need. Awards are subject to the terms and conditions set forth by the U.S. Small Business Administration and the Utah Governor's Office of Economic Development.
The United Kingdom is the seventh largest economy in the world ($2.3 trillion) and is the largest market in the world for Utah exports. More than 7,500 U.S. firms have a presence in the United Kingdom, which is also the top location in Europe for U.S. regional headquarters covering Europe, Africa, and the Middle East.
Reasons to Attend:
- Appointments with key government officials and industry experts
- Networking opportunities with chambers of commerce and U.S. companies doing business in-country
- One-to-one meetings with pre-qualified distributors and potential business partners
- Pre-arranged logistics including hotels, ground transportation and daily itinerary
7/08/13-7/09/13 : London
7/10/13 : Cambridge
Participation fee £490 Sterling (includes group transportation costs once at the hotel and meals/receptions that form part of the official program). The fee is based on an average exchange rate over the previous six months and equates to approximately $750.
US delegates will not pay UK VAT on the participation fee.
Please check with your bank before booking as International charges may apply.
If you wish to pay by bank transfer please contact email@example.com although this method may also be subject to banking fees.
Hotel $310 per night plus 20% VAT.
Flight $2,000 (matching grants available to qualifying companies for airfare, Fly America provisions apply).
Logistics and programme development by British Expertise. British Expertise - promotes professional services worldwide.